How to Build a Related Product Shopify Section for your Online Store
As an online retailer, your ultimate goal is to sell products. However, there is more to just showcasing your products on your Shopify store. You also need to provide a seamless shopping experience for your customers and creating a related product Shopify section is one way to do this.
This section allows you to display products that complement the original product, making it easier for customers to find and purchase everything they need in one place. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of having a related products section and guide you through creating one in Shopify. With this powerful tool at your fingertips, you can increase sales, enhance the user experience, and take your online store to the next level.
Importance of SEO for Related Products Page on Shopify
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is crucial for any online store to ensure that it is discoverable on search engines such as Google. In addition to optimizing product and category pages, it’s important to consider the SEO of related product pages.
Having a related products section in Shopify can help improve the SEO of your website in several ways:
By linking related product pages to each other, you’re creating a network of internal links that search engines can crawl and index. This helps to improve the overall visibility and ranking of your website. You can even use this feature to link products from the same collection.
Increased page views
When customers see related products that they’re interested in, they’re more likely to click on them and visit the related product page. This increases the number of page views, which is an essential metric for SEO.
Better user experience
A related products section that is easy to navigate and displays relevant products can enhance the user experience, which can, in turn, improve your website’s SEO. Customers are more likely to stay on your website and make a purchase if they can easily find what they’re looking for.
In summary, a well-optimized related products section can contribute to the overall SEO of your website, which can lead to increased visibility, traffic, and sales. You can use up to ten products in this section and also view your purchase history.
Identifying the Related Products for the Shopify store
Identifying the right related products for your Shopify store is crucial for the success of your related products section. Here are some tips for identifying and choosing related products:
Consider the purpose and use of the original product
Think about what the customer might need in addition to the original product. For example, if the original product is a smartphone, related products could include phone cases, screen protectors, or headphones.
Analyze customer behavior
Use analytics tools to track customer behavior and identify which products are often purchased together. This can give you valuable insights into what related products to include.
Look at product categories
Consider related product categories that complement the original product. For example, if you’re selling furniture, related products could include decorative pillows, rugs, and lamps.
Use product attributes
Look at the attributes of the original product, such as color, material, or size, and consider related products that share those attributes. Enable related products by tag.
Focus on cross-selling
Think about products that customers might not have considered but could be persuaded to buy based on the recommendation. For example, if a customer buys a dress, you could suggest a matching bag or shoes. That’s the power of the cross-selling technique.
When choosing related products, it’s crucial to complement the original product and provide value to the customer. By doing so, you can increase the chances of making additional sales and enhance the shopping experience for your customers.
Building the Related Products Section in Shopify
Building a related products section in Shopify is a simple process that can be completed in just a few steps. Here’s how to do it:
- Select a theme: Choose a Shopify theme supporting a related product section. Most Shopify themes have this feature built-in, so check the theme’s documentation to see if it’s available.
- Add the section: Once you’ve selected a theme, navigate to the admin panel and the Shopify theme editor. You can add the related products section to your product page template from there. Drag and drop the section where you want it to appear on the page. Alternatively, you could edit the liquid file.
- Configure the settings: Once you’ve added the related products section, you can configure the settings to customize the section’s appearance and functionality. You can choose how many related products to display, select the criteria for choosing related products, and customize the layout and design of the section.
- Test and refine: After you’ve built the related products section, test it to ensure it works properly. Monitor its performance and make adjustments as needed to improve the user experience and increase conversions.
By following these steps, you can quickly build a related products section in Shopify that enhances the shopping experience for your customers and increases your sales. This automatically generated list can be made possible easily.
Best Practices for Creating a Related Products Section
Creating a related products section is an effective way to improve the shopping experience for your customers and generate sales on Shopify. Here are some best practices for creating a related products section:
- Choose relevant related products: Ensure your products are relevant and add value to the customer’s purchase. Displaying irrelevant products can harm the user experience and decrease trust in your brand.
- Optimize for SEO: Use descriptive and keyword-rich product titles and descriptions for related products to optimize for SEO. Use internal linking to connect related product pages and the original product page.
- Use clear visuals: Use high-quality images and clear product descriptions to help customers understand the related products and how they can benefit from them.
- Use product tags: Link-related collections, especially with the search bar.
- Prioritize usability: Make it easy for customers to find and navigate the related products section. Use a clear and prominent placement, such as below the product description, and ensure that the section is easy to use on desktop and mobile devices.
- Customize the section: Use a customizable section to display related products unique to your store and your customer base. This can include personalized recommendations based on past purchases or browsing behavior.
- Test and iterate: Monitor the performance of the related products section, such as click-through rates and conversion rates. Use this data to iterate and improve the section over time.
By following these best practices, you can create product recommendations and a related products section that adds value to your customers improves the user experience and drives sales.
Is there an easy way to create Shopify related product pages section?
Shopify Search & Discovery app now offers the option to include relevant recommendations in a section on product pages that showcases related products. These items can be automatically generated or handpicked by the store owner.
By utilizing this feature, online merchants can personalize the shopping experience for their customers, making it easier for them to discover new products and boost sales.
It should be noted that the theme chosen by the merchant will determine the heading and layout of the related products section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I customize the layout and design of the related products section in
Yes, you can customize the layout and design of the related products section by accessing the theme editor in the Shopify admin panel. From there, you can add or edit code on Shopify, remove elements, change the color scheme, and modify the section’s placement and size.
How do I choose which related products to display in the section?
You can choose which related products to display in the section by selecting criteria such as product type, collection, tags, or vendor. You can also set rules for displaying related products, such as displaying items frequently bought together.
Can I control how many related products are displayed in the section?
Yes, you can control the number of related products displayed in the section by adjusting the settings in the theme editor. You can choose to display a specific number of products or allow the section to display as many related products as it can fit based on the available space.
Can I display different related products for each product in my store?
Yes, you can display different related products for each product in your store by using a customizable section. This allows you to display unique and related items or products based on the individual characteristics of each product, such as size, color, or material.
Can I track the performance of the related products section in terms of
click-through rates and conversions?
Yes, you can track the performance of the Shopify related products section using Shopify’s analytics tools. This allows you to monitor metrics such as click-through rates and conversions and make adjustments to improve the section’s performance over time.
Building a related products section in Shopify can significantly improve the shopping experience for your customers and drive more sales for your store. By identifying relevant related products, optimizing for SEO and usability, and customizing the section to fit your store’s unique needs, you can create a powerful tool to increase revenue and enhance customer satisfaction.
To recap, some key takeaways from this article include choosing related products that complement the original product, using clear visuals and product descriptions, optimizing for SEO, prioritizing usability, and testing and iterating to improve performance over time.
If you haven’t already, we encourage you to implement a related products section on your own Shopify site. With a little effort and attention to best practices, you can create a valuable tool that benefits your customers and your bottom line.