How to Add Reviews to Shopify: The Ultimate Guide
If you’re an online retailer, you know the importance of standing out in a sea of competitors. You may have a sleek website, a killer product lineup, and a streamlined checkout process, but how can you convince potential customers that your store is their best option? One powerful tool is customer reviews, and we are here to show you how to add reviews to Shopify.
Why enable reviews on Shopify?
By allowing your customers to leave reviews on your Shopify store, you’re not only providing valuable information to future shoppers but also boosting your credibility and trustworthiness.
In fact, a survey found that 92% of consumers read online reviews before making a purchase, and 84% trust them as much as a personal recommendation.
So, how can you add reviews to your Shopify store and reap the benefits? This blog will serve as a guide that helps you through the process and provide tips for collecting and managing reviews, optimizing them for SEO, and integrating them with social media.
Get ready to take your Shopify store to the next level and start building a loyal customer base through the power of reviews.
Understanding Shopify Reviews
When adding reviews to your Shopify store, it’s important to understand the different types of reviews available and the benefits of using Shopify Reviews.
Types of reviews available on Shopify
- Product reviews: These are reviews left by customers on individual product pages, which can help potential customers make informed decisions about purchasing a product.
- Store reviews: These are reviews left by customers about their overall experience with your store, including customer service, shipping, and website usability.
Benefits of using Shopify Reviews
- Increased credibility: Reviews from real customers provide social proof that your products are worth purchasing, which can increase trust and credibility with prospective customers.
- Improved SEO: User-generated content like reviews can help improve your store’s search engine optimization (SEO) by adding relevant keywords and fresh content to your pages.
- Valuable feedback: Reviews can provide valuable feedback for improving your products, customer service, and overall shopping experience.
- Increased sales: Positive reviews can encourage potential customers to make a purchase, while negative reviews can help you identify and address issues that may be preventing sales.
How to enable reviews on Shopify
Here is a simple step-by-step process to get reviews working on your online store:
- From your Shopify admin dashboard, go to the “Product reviews” or “Theme settings” section, depending on your theme.
- If you’re using a Shopify-supported theme, you should be able to enable reviews with just a few clicks.
- If your theme doesn’t support Shopify Reviews, you can use a third-party app to add review functionality to your store.
- Once you’ve enabled reviews, make sure to customize the settings to fit your store’s needs, including the ability to moderate and respond to reviews.
Best Practices for Collecting Reviews for your Shopify Store
Collecting reviews for your Shopify store is crucial to improving your online reputation and driving sales.
Follow these best practices when collecting reviews:
Timing of review requests
- Timing is key when requesting reviews. Consider sending a review request after a customer has had enough time to try out the product and form an opinion, but not so long that they’ve forgotten about their purchase.
- For physical products, consider sending a review request a week or two after the product has been delivered.
- For digital products, consider sending a review request a few days after the purchase.
Strategies for incentivizing reviews
- Offering an incentive can be an effective way to encourage customers to leave a review. Consider offering a discount on their next purchase or entering them into a giveaway.
- However, be careful not to incentivize positive reviews only. Encourage customers to leave honest feedback, whether it’s positive or negative.
Encouraging honest feedback
- Make it clear in your review request that you value honest feedback, even if it’s negative. This can help build trust with potential customers and show that you’re committed to improving your products and services.
- Responding to negative reviews in a professional and helpful manner can also encourage customers to leave honest feedback.
Tips for collecting reviews
- Make it pretty easy for customers to leave a review by including a direct link to the review page in your review request. You can send a reminder email for this purpose.
- Consider following up with customers who haven’t left a review to remind them.
- If you have a physical location, consider placing review request cards or signs in-store to encourage customers to leave a review.
How to Use SEO for Shopify Reviews
Optimizing your Shopify reviews for SEO can help improve your online store’s visibility in search engine results pages.
Here are some strategies to consider:
Utilizing rich snippets
- Rich snippets are highlighted pieces of information that can appear on search engine results pages, such as a star rating block, review counts, and price ranges.
- By implementing rich snippets on your review pages, you can make your reviews more visually appealing and provide potential customers with valuable information before they even click through to your site.
- Shopify offers built-in support for rich snippets, so you can easily enable them for your review pages.
- Including relevant keywords in your review pages can help improve their visibility in search engine results pages.
- Consider using keywords related to the product or service being reviewed and location-specific keywords if you have a physical store.
- However, be careful not to stuff your review section with too many keywords, as this can negatively impact the user experience and lead to penalties from search engines.
Encouraging user-generated content
- User-generated content, such as customer reviews and photos, can help improve your store’s SEO by adding fresh and relevant content to your pages.
- Encourage customers to leave detailed reviews that include relevant keywords and phrases.
- Consider implementing a review moderation policy to ensure that reviews are relevant and useful while allowing for various perspectives and opinions.
Tips for optimizing your Shopify reviews for SEO
- Ensure your review pages are correctly structured with header tags and meta descriptions.
- Consider including internal links to other relevant pages on your site, such as product pages or blog posts.
- Monitor your review pages regularly for any technical issues or errors that could negatively impact their visibility in search engine results pages.
How to Manage Your Shopify Reviews
Managing your Shopify reviews is an important part of maintaining a positive online reputation and building customer trust on your Shopify product page.
Here are some tips for effectively managing your reviews:
Responding to reviews
- Responding to positive and negative reviews shows customers that you value their feedback and are committed to providing a great customer experience.
- Be sure to respond promptly and professionally, thanking customers for their feedback and addressing any concerns they may have raised.
- When responding to positive reviews, consider including a call-to-action to encourage the customer to make another purchase or refer their friends to your store.
Dealing with negative reviews
- Negative reviews can be challenging to deal with, but they can also provide valuable feedback that can help improve your products and services.
- Respond to negative reviews promptly and professionally, offering to address any issues and find a solution to the customer’s concerns.
- Be careful not to get defensive or dismissive of negative feedback, as this can further escalate the situation.
- Consider reaching out to the customer privately to discuss their concerns further and find a resolution that works for both parties.
Leveraging positive reviews for marketing purposes
- Positive reviews can be a powerful marketing tool, helping to build trust and credibility with potential customers.
- Consider featuring positive reviews prominently on your website, social media channels, and marketing materials.
- You can also leverage positive reviews by including them in email marketing campaigns or using them in retargeting ads.
Other tips for managing your Shopify reviews
- Regularly monitor your reviews for any inappropriate content or spam.
- Consider implementing a review moderation policy to ensure that all reviews meet your standards for quality and relevance.
- Use reviews as an opportunity to learn more about your customers and their needs, and use this feedback to improve your products and services over time.
Can you integrate Shopify Reviews with Social Media?
Of course. You can use social proof to showcase what your customers have to say about your products and services.
In order to do that, you will need to integrate social media platforms with your online Shopify store.
Here are some tips for effectively integrating your reviews with social media:
Sharing reviews on social media
- Sharing positive reviews on your social media channels can help build credibility and trust with potential customers.
- Consider creating social media graphics or videos that feature customer reviews and include a call-to-action to encourage followers to visit your store.
- You can also share reviews on social media stories or live videos to provide a more personal touch.
Using social media to solicit reviews
- Encouraging customers to leave reviews on your Shopify store is important, but you can also use social media to solicit reviews.
- Consider creating a social media post or ad that asks customers to leave a review on your store, and include a link to your review page.
- You can also use social media to offer incentives for leaving a review, such as a discount code or free shipping on their next purchase.
Increasing engagement through social media
- In addition to sharing reviews, social media can also be a powerful tool for engaging with your customers and building relationships.
- Consider using social media to showcase your products and services, share behind-the-scenes glimpses of your business, and highlight customer success stories.
- Use social media to listen to your customers’ feedback and promptly respond to their questions and concerns.
Tips for integrating your Shopify reviews with social media
- Be sure to include social media icons or links on your Shopify review page, so customers can easily follow you on their preferred social media channels.
- Use hashtags to increase the visibility of your social media posts and make them easier to find for potential customers.
- Monitor your social media channels regularly for any negative feedback or spam and respond promptly and professionally.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to add reviews to Shopify store?
To enable reviews on your Shopify store, go to your Shopify admin panel and navigate to Settings > Products > Product Reviews. From there, you can enable product reviews and customize the review settings to meet your needs.
Can I moderate the reviews that customers leave on my Shopify store?
Yes, you can moderate the reviews that customers leave on your Shopify store. Shopify provides a built-in moderation system that allows you to approve, edit, or delete reviews before they are published on your store.
How can I display reviews on my Shopify store using a third-party app?
A third-party product reviews app in the Shopify app store can help you display reviews on your store. To get started, search for “product review” or “customer review” in the app store, and browse the available options. Once you find a Shopify product reviews app that meets your needs, install product reviews and configure it according to the app’s instructions.
Adding reviews to your Shopify store can be a game-changer for your business. Not only do reviews help build trust and credibility with potential customers, but they can also provide valuable feedback that can help you improve your products and services over time. Ultimately, the importance of reviews cannot be overstated. In a world where customers have more choices than ever, positive reviews can set you apart from the competition and help you build a loyal customer base. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to implement Shopify reviews on your store. Whether you’re just starting or looking to take your business to the next level, reviews can be a powerful tool for growth and success.