Bigcommerce Conversion Tracking: Tips and Tricks
Today’s highly competitive ecommerce landscape means that businesses need to constantly evaluate their performance and make data-driven decisions to stay ahead of the curve. One crucial aspect of this is monitoring and analyzing conversion rates – the percentage of website visitors who take a desired action, such as making a purchase or signing up for a newsletter. This is where BigCommerce conversion tracking comes in.
By tracking key metrics such as conversion rates, revenue, and customer behavior, businesses can gain valuable insights into their online performance and make informed decisions to optimize their ecommerce strategies. In this article, we’ll explore the ins and outs of BigCommerce conversion tracking, offering tips and tricks to help businesses boost their online sales and stay ahead of the competition.
What is BigCommerce Conversion Tracking?
BigCommerce conversion tracking is a tool that allows ecommerce businesses to track and analyze customer behavior on their website, with the aim of increasing conversions and improving overall sales performance.
Conversion tracking works by placing a piece of code on the website that tracks customer actions, such as making a purchase or filling out a contact form. This code allows businesses to monitor key metrics, such as conversion rates, revenue, and the sources of traffic that lead to conversions.
Through conversion tracking, businesses can gain valuable insights into their customers’ behavior, such as which products are most popular, which pages generate the most conversions, and which marketing campaigns are driving the most traffic. This information can be used to optimize the website, improve the user experience, and increase the likelihood of customers taking desired actions.
Some of the features include:
- Conversion tracking code box
- Affiliate conversion tracking
- Google ads conversion tracking
- Conversion code
- UET tag tracking code
The importance of conversion tracking in improving ecommerce sales cannot be overstated. By gaining insights into the customer journey, businesses can identify and remove barriers to conversion, optimize marketing campaigns, and tailor their website content to meet the needs of their target audience. This can lead to increased sales, higher customer retention rates, and a better return on investment for ecommerce businesses.
Tips for Setting Up BigCommerce Conversion Tracking
Setting up BigCommerce conversion tracking can be a daunting task, but it is essential for businesses to get it right to ensure they are accurately tracking and analyzing their website’s performance. You will need to set it up with your Google Analytics account.
Here are some tips to help businesses get started with BigCommerce conversion tracking:
1. Setting up conversion tracking in BigCommerce:
- Log in to the BigCommerce dashboard and navigate to the “Analytics” tab
- Click on “Google Analytics” and select “Ecommerce Settings”
- Enable Ecommerce Tracking by toggling the switch to “on”
- Enter your Google Analytics tracking ID and save the changes
- Configure your conversion goals by navigating to “Goals” and selecting “Create a Goal”
2. Best practices for tracking different types of conversions:
- For tracking sales, enable ecommerce tracking and set up conversion goals for completed purchases.
- For tracking sign-ups, set up conversion goals for completed sign-ups or registration forms.
- For tracking downloads, set up conversion goals for completed downloads or form submissions.
3. Creating conversion goals that align with business objectives:
- Set clear and specific conversion goals that align with your business objectives, such as increasing sales, sign-ups, or downloads.
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) that are most relevant to your business and track them regularly to gauge performance.
- Use Google Analytics to set up funnel visualizations to identify where customers drop off in the conversion process and optimize accordingly.
- Use Google ads conversion label to keep track of your Google ads tracking.
By following these tips, businesses can effectively set up and track their BigCommerce conversion tracking, which will help them improve their ecommerce performance and achieve their business objectives. Alternatively, you can use it with Google ads account or even your Microsoft advertising account.
Tricks for Optimizing BigCommerce Conversion Tracking
Optimizing is essential for your Bigcommerce store to gain valuable insights into their customers’ behavior and improve their ecommerce performance. Here are some tricks for optimizing BigCommerce conversion tracking:
1. Optimize conversion tracking data for better insights:
- Use Google Analytics to set up custom reports and dashboards to track KPIs that are most relevant to your business.
- Use data visualization tools such as heatmaps and session recordings to better understand how customers interact with your website.
- Leverage machine learning and artificial intelligence tools to analyze your data and uncover hidden insights.
2. Track user behavior and segment data for more targeted analysis:
- Segment your data based on factors such as demographics, behavior, and location to gain deeper insights into how different customer groups interact with your website.
- Use event tracking to monitor user behavior on specific pages or actions, such as adding items to a cart or filling out a form.
- Monitor traffic sources and segment your data based on referral sources to identify which marketing channels are driving the most conversions.
3. Use A/B testing to optimize conversion rates:
- Create multiple variations of your website and test them against each other to identify which version performs better.
- Test different elements such as page layout, copy, images, and calls-to-action to identify which changes have the biggest impact on conversion rates.
- Continuously monitor and optimize your website based on A/B testing results to improve conversion rates over time.
By optimizing BigCommerce conversion tracking using these tricks, businesses can gain valuable insights into their customers’ behavior, identify areas for improvement, and continually optimize their ecommerce performance to achieve their business objectives.
Why should you set up conversion tracking for your ecommerce store?
Setting up conversion tracking for your ecommerce store is crucial for several reasons:
- Track performance: Conversion tracking enables you to measure the performance of your website and marketing campaigns by tracking how customers interact with your website and complete specific actions, such as making a purchase or filling out a form.
- Identify areas for improvement: By tracking and analyzing conversion data, you can identify areas of your website that need improvement to increase conversions. For example, you may find that customers are dropping off at a certain point in the checkout process, indicating a problem with the user experience.
- Optimize marketing campaigns: Conversion tracking also helps you optimize your marketing campaigns by providing insight into which channels are driving the most conversions. You can then allocate your marketing budget accordingly to maximize your ROI.
- Increase sales: Ultimately, conversion tracking can help you increase sales by providing valuable insights into customer behavior and allowing you to make data-driven decisions to improve your website and marketing efforts.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set up BigCommerce conversion tracking?
To set up BigCommerce conversion tracking, log in to your BigCommerce dashboard, navigate to the “Analytics” tab, and click on “Google Analytics.” From there, enable Ecommerce Tracking and enter your Google Analytics tracking ID. Finally, configure your conversion goals by navigating to “Goals” and selecting “Create a Goal.”
What are the different types of conversions I can track with BigCommerce
With BigCommerce conversion tracking, you can track a variety of conversions, including completed purchases, sign-ups or registration forms, completed downloads, and more.
How do I segment data in BigCommerce conversion tracking?
To segment your data in BigCommerce conversion tracking, use factors such as demographics, behavior, and location to gain deeper insights into how different customer groups interact with your website. You can also monitor traffic sources and segment your data based on referral sources to identify which marketing channels are driving the most conversions.
How do I use A/B testing to optimize conversion rates with BigCommerce
To use A/B testing with BigCommerce conversion tracking, create multiple variations of your website and test them against each other to identify which version performs better. Test different elements such as page layout, copy, images, and calls-to-action to identify which changes have the biggest impact on conversion rates.
What is funnel visualization in BigCommerce conversion tracking?
Funnel visualization in BigCommerce conversion tracking is a tool that allows you to visualize the steps in your conversion process and identify where customers drop off. By monitoring your funnel visualization, you can optimize your website to reduce drop-offs and increase conversions.
In conclusion, BigCommerce conversion tracking is an essential tool for ecommerce businesses looking to improve their website’s performance and increase sales. By tracking and analyzing customer behavior, businesses can gain valuable insights into their customer’s needs and preferences, optimize their website, and improve the user experience to increase the likelihood of conversions.
Throughout this article, we discussed the steps for setting up BigCommerce conversion tracking, best practices for tracking different types of conversions, and tricks for optimizing conversion tracking data for better insights. Key takeaways from the article include the importance of tracking user behavior, segmenting data, and using A/B testing to continually optimize website performance.
By implementing these actionable tips, businesses can gain a competitive edge in the ecommerce market, increase customer satisfaction, and improve their bottom line. Ultimately, BigCommerce conversion tracking is a powerful tool for businesses looking to thrive in the ever-evolving world of ecommerce.